You will be using your advancement to candidacy for the PhD to also qualify you to earn a masters along the way. Here are the steps:
- Complete the Advancement to Candidacy form for the PhD and check the “masters along the way” check box in the Academic Information section. Please let your committee know that you plan on pursuing the Master’s along the way prior to filling out the form.
- Once the form is routed and approved, the Registrar’s Office will add the masters along the way curricula to your record and at the time you can apply for the master’s degree.
- Complete the Graduate Student Graduation Application. When you are ready to file for graduation, click on the link above. It will take you to the student portal where you will have to log in using your username and password. Once you are logged in, click on Student Records, then MyStudentRecord and then Graduation Application. This will take you to Step 1 of the application process. Follow the rest of the instructions to submit your graduation application for the appropriate term. Contact the Graduate Division office if you have any questions.
- Here is the Master's Checklist for Degree Completion from Graduate Division.
- You will need to submit the Final Report for the Master's Degree by the end of the term in which the degree is to be awarded.